Links to articles and resources for food store operators.
FoodIndustry.Com Covid-19 Resource Guide
- FDA Provides Guidelines for Re-Opening Retail Food Establishments – The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has published a food safety re-opening checklist as well as best practices infographic for previously closed establishments or those that have been open with limited service related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The FDA has issued an updated FAQ Guidance on COVID-19 food safety issues. Two key FAQs address whether employees in retail food and food production settings should wear face coverings and how to maintain social distancing guidelines in retail food establishments where employees might work in close proximity. Click here to view the FDA’s guidance.
- Coronavirus Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources – While most food stores will stay open as “essential” businesses the same is not true of restaurants, many of whom will struggle for weeks if not months. The SBA outlines the loan programs it will administer as part of the 2020 CARES Act.
- Guidance for cleaning and disinfecting food manufacturing facilities or food retail stores (NY Health Dept)
- Coronavirus Guidance and Loan Information – Under the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Assistance (EIDL) program, the SBA makes loans available (up to $2 million) to small businesses and private non-profit organizations in designated areas of a state or territory to help alleviate economic injury caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA): Employer Guide | FFCRA Q&A
- National Governors Association Coronavirus Response Site – List actions taken by States. You can also find a Comprehensive List of State and Local Orders in spreadsheet form here.