The largest food manufacturer in the world is Nestle. Founded in 1866, Nestle is headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland and operates in 189 countries around the world. It employs over 300,000 people and has a revenue of over $90 billion. Nestle’s portfolio includes some of the world’s most iconic brands such as Nescafe, KitKat, Maggi and more. Below is a list rounding out the 10 largest food manufacturers in the world, based on revenue:
- Nestle – Nestle is a Swiss multinational food and drink processing conglomerate. It is the largest food company in the world, with revenues of over $92 billion in 2020.
- PepsiCo – PepsiCo is an American multinational food, snack, and beverage corporation. It had revenues of over $67 billion in 2020.
- Coca-Cola – The Coca-Cola Company is an American multinational food and beverage corporation. It had revenues of over $37 billion in 2020.
- Unilever – Unilever is a British-Dutch multinational consumer goods company. It had revenues of over $51 billion in 2020
- Tyson Foods – Tyson Foods is an American multinational corporation that is one of the world’s largest processors and marketers of chicken, beef, and pork. It had revenues of over $40 billion in 2020
- Kraft Heinz – Kraft Heinz is an American multinational food company formed by the merger of Kraft Foods Group and H.J. Heinz Company in 2015. It had revenues of over $26 billion in 2020
- General Mills – General Mills is an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of branded consumer foods sold through retail stores. It had revenues of over $17 billion in 2020.
- Mondelez International – Mondelez International is an American multinational confectionery, food, and beverage conglomerate based in Illinois which employes around 83,000 people around the world, it had revenues of over $26 billion in 2020
- Conagra Brands – Conagra Brands is an American packaged foods company. It had revenues of over $11 billion in 2020
- Campbell Soup Company – Campbell Soup Company is an American processed food and snack company. It had revenues of over $8 billion in 2020
These figures are based on the data from 2020.
Related links that may interest you: